Monday, July 9, 2012

Daily dose of BS July 9

We have all heard someone we know say I long for the good old days when things were much simpler.  Heck I bet that many of you have said it at a point or two in your lives.  Now correct me if I am wrong the good old days meant black and white tv, only am radio, no remotes, cell phones, microwaves, or dvd players and dvrs.  It also meant getting on your hands and knees to trim grass around the fences, washing dishes by hand and hours and hours of research done at the library.  I guess we all love having a hot and humid home especially after last week, and love to cut wood, and stack it only to be woke in the middle of the night to add wood to the fire.  And who can forget the ice cold outhouse seat at 2 in the morning with no lights.  I for one am glad that we have the modern conveniences, and for the every once in a while that I think otherwise, there is nothing stopping me from getting rid of the modern convenience that have made our lives easier and more productive.  If ya don’t like it try spending a day living in the past, winding up your record player, having your phone in your kitchen and having to open your garage door by yourself, oh yea remember men you have to wear a suit to work, with a fancy hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment