Friday, July 27, 2012

Daily Dose of BS July 27


We are going to be seeing the best of the best after the Olympic opening ceremony opens up the annual 4 year games tonight.  There has already been some controversy with the uniforms that the American Athletes will be wearing; in fact Harry Reid called for the burning of all uniforms and start over.  I don’t know about you but most of the clothing I am wearing unfortunately is made overseas.  I would more likely say lets burn the uniforms because they are ugly rather than that they are made overseas.  I am hoping for lots of positive stories to come from the Olympics, but as we know from prior years there competition sometimes brings out the worst of the worst.  Remember the Olympics from 18 years ago, if I say skating and Olympics what is your first image?  I think of Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan, I was ok with their friendly rivalry but once the clubbing happened, come on.  This isn’t the only time that controversy has taken center stage at the Olympics either.  Let’s hope for more of the positive stories to come from the next couple of weeks as thousands of amateur athletes and hundreds of professional athletes take center stage, here is to good sportsmanship and positive outcomes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment