Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Daily Dose of BS July 10


I had the most surreal week last week.  I always wanted to have a 3 hour long morning talk show, I have been doing radio for much of the past 25 years, and in that time I have had a 30 minute talk show for about 5 years and produced a talk show for over 15 years, and filled in for that talk show many times., but the past week was one of trial and error, more error than trial.  I learned a lot, for example you cannot walk in to a new situation thinking you are able to BS your way through an hour if someone was not available to talk.   I also learned that a billboard is huge, especially if your mug is on it.  It is so surreal to look at a 12 foot high mug shot on a billboard.   It is also weird to have people be totally blunt with you, for example someone said you are horrible on the radio and I am glad you got fired from your last job, another person told me I have the face for radio, I have also heard that I love your voice and I think you are funny.  I guess when you have a media job and you are in the public that you can expect the unexpected.  But when you are totally blunt with someone try to remember that we do have feelings, and maybe try to tone it down a bit, and I know I got the face for radio and the voice for newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment