Thursday, July 12, 2012

Daily Dose of BS July 12


I know a guy who gave up his smart phone since he couldn’t not look at his phone while he was driving.  I think that if you know you can't not look, this is a smart thing to do.  I am not sure how many times throughout the day that I notice someone texting while driving, and it is both men and women, young and old.  I am often looking at my phone when I am stopped but have been tempted to look at it I am not going to lie.  I heard on the radio yesterday morning that there is new technology out there that will stop your phone from being able to text while driving but only if you are the driver.  I like this, I think that this kind of technology will be a good thing for our younger drivers and heck even the more seasoned drivers like myself who are tempted to look at the phone while driving.  The only thing is how does the phone know that you are the driver and not just a passenger.  I was making a phone call the other day from my phone in my car and the guy who was in the truck next to me laid on the horn, at first I was mad, but then realized that he assumed that I was texting, and I was still mad, but I got over it and understand why he was upset.  

No comments:

Post a Comment