Monday, January 9, 2012

Daily Dose of BS January 9

Why is it once you reach a certain age that you think you can say anything to anyone you want? I think that this line of thinking is rude. I ran into a guy that used to call me on the air years ago at Menards last week. We exchanged pleasantries and talked for a bit then he felt the urge to put his hands on my belly and tap it while saying it looks like you’ve packed on the pounds. I told him that was rude and walked away. Well if you know I have lost weight, and been working on staying healthy by doing Boot Camp Classes with LaCrosse Park and Rec. This isn’t the first time that I have had people from an older generation blurt something out that was rude, and when I shared my story over the weekend with a few of my friends they too have had unfiltered comments from people their grandparents age. When did it become ok to be rude to someone? Is it once you reach 80+. Could you imagine if you said what you thought to everyone that you came into contact with? Not only would I get slapped but also kicked and punched …but I am sure I would get a few thank yous as well. Lets all try this, filter out the hurtful observations and share the positive ones…it would make a better place for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment