Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Daily Dose of BS January 3


I remember my first job and not being able to get business cards unless I bought them myself, I declined buying them cause I was just starting off in radio and didn’t have any money and I am glad I didn’t cause I moved up and on from that job within a half year.  I didn’t get them when I worked in Nebraska because they weren’t offered and when I finally got into a management position and my own cards I had thought I made it.  Since that time I have had many different cards from different radio stations and for my own businesses.  I don’t remember ever handing out all the cards before something changed.  I remember being warned not to buy too many cards especially for my own business because something will change, and it did from email addresses to cell phones to addresses, to the name of my business.  I think the cards I have now are the longest running cards I have had, and they will need to be changed again as I LLC’ed my business recently.  I just read a story of how business cards are now a thing of the past that people will look for you online, but I am all for the handshake and the passing of the business card.  After all how is someone going to remember your url?  In my opinion the business card is not dead maybe just the boring ones are.  Here is a link of 100 really cool cards.  http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009/05/100-really-creative-business-cards/

No comments:

Post a Comment