Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Daily Dose of BS January 25


You’ve heard the saying “Tipping is not just a city in China.”  Guess what it really isn’t.  There is no city in China called Tipping.  I grew up in Minnesota, got my first radio job in Mason City and my buddy James told me about cow tipping.  We attempted it after a few bottles of liquid encouragement, the farmer came out with a shot gun and fired in the air, it was more than air that I passed that night.  I later found that you can’t tip a cow, I tried, they are big animals, you can’t moo-ve them.  I have been called frugal at times, by more than one person.  I like to hang on to my money and there is nothing wrong with that.  I do however tip well (at least 20% for a meal, not as much for just beers), I get embarrassed when I go out with someone and I offer to pick up the check and they offer to leave the tip and they don’t tip well, leaving only 10% or so.  I guess if you are getting good service and service with a smile, drinks topped off, and the little glimpse into the life of the person serving you, its gotta be worth something, right.  I have been out with people that pull the tip card out of their wallet to figure out the tip.  How hard is it to figure out a tip?  Move the decimal point over to the left one, if you have a $23.45 bill and you wan to leave a 10% tip it is $2.35, a 20% tip is $4.70, the ten percent tip doubled, and for a 15% tip spilt the difference.  Not rocket science, its rent, a car payment, groceries, etc. 

BS water cooler question of the day
We all know that youtube is huge but how huge is it? 
YouTube users now upload over 60 hours of video per minute!

A really funny but offensive criagslist posting.  Lots of swearing http://imgur.com/gallery/KqIme

No comments:

Post a Comment