Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Daily Dose of BS January 10


Clamshell or blister packaging… the packing stuff that stuff is packed in these days.  You know the heat formed kryptonite layer of impossible to open plastic that stands between you and pretty much anything you buy these days.   I bought a part for my front door the other day and went to open the package with a scissors, I started by cutting around the edges, figuring that cutting three sides should be good, I can then pry the plastic off the brass piece that was engulfed in the wrap.  Guess what, not good enough, I then had to use the scissors to pry the pieces of magma welded plastic apart, finally a small tear in the wrap, success, I can get my finger in the slit and can now rip the rest of the plastic off the piece, well the plastic ripped all right just not off the part, somehow it managed to rip a gaping hole in my thumb and if you think a paper cut hurts, imagine a cut 3x wider and as deep, who ever heard of a plastic cut?  I never have till the other day.  Since we are on the topic of packaging, who is the lucky person who packs boxes these days, ever bought anything in a box with Styrofoam, then tried to get the same stuff back in to the box…impossible.  Or since Christmas has now come and gone, any kids toy is shackled to the cardboard box it comes in with twist ties, not one or two but 30-40 metal shackles like the manufacture was thinking that the toy would try to make a run for it, I am guessing that the toy won’t…I’ve seen Toy Story and toys live to be played with.

No comments:

Post a Comment