Monday, January 23, 2012

Daily Dose of BS January 23


The more things change the more they stay the same.  We used to have big cars then small cars then big cars now small cars again.  Records went away with cds then the big format in music, then mp3’s now people are buying albums again.  People used to sit at a typewriter and type out letters to send off, now people are using computers to do the same.  But what got me thinking about how backwards we have become is that lots of us are texting.  I just started about a month ago, I know late in the game, and to me it seems like a backward progression from where we where before texting.  Didn’t people used to send carrier pigeons to send messages?  It seems to me that we are going back to those days in a conversation that used to take a few seconds on the phone is now  dragged out into a half hour of texting.  I find it to be a distraction in life as well as many are doing it when they should be working, driving, paying attention - you name it they are texting instead, in fact I saw a lady at church texting the other day.  It has also made us oblivious to spelling when does l-8-r spell later, or b-r-b mean be right back, or semi colon parentheses mean smiley face.  And the sideways v with a 3 means I love you, It has been a lot of years since I had math class, now is that less than 3 or greater than 3?

No comments:

Post a Comment