Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Daily Dose of BS January 4

Losing is not an option.  2nd place is the first loser, if you don't win it, then whats the point.  That is what the conversation was this morning with a guy at work.  We were talking about the Badgers and how the Badger lost the Rose Bowl...I was saying they did well even though they lost, after all they made it to the Rose Bowl.  Some people not so much a loss is a loss as I mentioned in the first sentence, the first loser.  You are playing to win and if you don't then you failed.  I guess I like to win but to me winning isn't everything, for some it is the only thing.  With the outcomes of so many things win or lose, I guess that I have come to the conclusion that we will lose some and  we will win some, I prefer to have more wins than losses but it is not the end of the world for me.  I guess that why I don't let things bug me when my team loses...when their opponent makes a great catch, has a great hit, a super block an awesome pass, I will say great play.  I play to win but if I don't it isn't the end of the world.  Right or wrong, upbringing or competitiveness...I wonder if when you need to win all the time if you are playing darts, pool or tic tac toe with your kids if you walk around pissed the rest of the day.  I guess be a good loser and even better winner.  

No comments:

Post a Comment