Thursday, October 26, 2017

Daily Dose of BS Oct 26 heat

There is snow in the forecast in the next couple of days.  I haven’t even turned on my heat yet.  Have you?  I always try to push the limits of my house by counting on it to give me shelter, and by shelter I mean from the high costs of heating and cooling.  About 16 years ago we did a huge remodel on our home we added on about half and then reinsulated the rest of the house, that and the addition of a new high efficient furnace and an efficient central air conditioner and my house has been great at giving me shelter.  My thing is that I am cheap and I don’t mind sitting around the house in sweats and a blanket, my kids and wife on the other hand, they would like the heat on.  I still am holding out until November 1st but if snow does come, I suppose I will break down and turn on the heat.  Are you a date person or when do you turn on your heat?  

No comments:

Post a Comment