Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Daily Dose of BS Oct 11 recall election

Today is the 9th day after the recall papers were turned in to try to recall Onalaska school board member Jake Speed.  The organizers who started this drive ended up with 613 more signatures on the recall papers than needed.  I don’t live in Onalaska but if I did and I was asked to sign the papers I would have said no.  I never do sign them, in fact when they have a recall election I make sure I go and vote for the person who they are trying to recall, I think that a lot of people do this.  The person got elected by a majority and deserves to fulfill the term elected.   I really think that if this much effort would have been put forth in the general election then a different candidate would have won.  If the outcome comes back not the way the recall committee wanted this time around, are they going to want another recall?  A recall of the recall?  I am not a fan of this recall or any recall that requires a special election, we get the chance to recall every candidate every election cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment