Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Daily Dose of BS Oct 18 live in the moment

There is a new poll that was just released that asked which decade of the 20th century people would most like to go back to, the one most people pick is the 1950s. It was an age of stay-at-home wives, novel household appliances, and suburbs.  Most people surveyed seem to yearn for their youth. Over 50% of those over 65-plus want to revisit the 1950s or 1960s, while those 45-to-64 look towards the 80s.  It makes sense to me as when I think of the good old days I yearn for the 80’s a time in my life where things were much simpler, a time when I didn’t have to worry about life as it was run by my folks.  I really don’t miss those days but look back to them as a simpler time.  I try to live in the moment and not live in the past.  It is funny that my 19 year old said that to me last night when we were discussing some issues from his past.  Live in the moment and do not dwell in the past, Dad.  I guess we can learn by listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment