Monday, October 2, 2017

Daily Dose of BS Oct 2 Oktoberfest

Over the weekend the size of La Crosse swelled to about double the normal amounts of people, unless you were in a coma, you know that Oktoberfest swooped in on Thursday and left after the last band last night, I would be interested in knowing the economic impact on the area that this fest has.  I heard from at least one board member yesterday that the tapping of the golden keg on Friday was about 35% larger than it was last year, I wonder if it had to do anything with the weather?  The things that I love about Oktoberfest is that it is a chance for people to get together and laugh and have fun.  It is great when people flock to our city and then are excited to see all the sights and sounds.  The one thing that I hate about Oktoberfest is some of the people and the fact that they think of our city as a trash can, if you were anywhere along the parade route after the parade on Saturday you know what I am talking about and if you were on West Avenue between King and La Crosse Streets you also know, and don’t get me started on Vine and Pine.  Enjoyed another fest, disappointed in people not picking up after themselves.  

No comments:

Post a Comment