Thursday, October 12, 2017

Daily Dose of BS Oct 12 Plaid Pantry

When I first moved to La Crosse I rented a place on 5th avenue, it wasn’t the best neighborhood I ever lived in but for a couple years it was home.  While living there if I needed a few grocery items mostly canned goods at that time, I would walk a few blocks to the Plaid Pantry and buy them.  Most of the time I went to Quillins and once in a while I would go to Stritmatters,  and Cub for my big shopping.  Funny how none of those grocery stores are even around La Crosse any more, I guess that Quillins has a small presence but the others are long gone.  New life will be breathed into the former Plaid Pantry as the city of La Crosse will purchase that builing for 55 thousand dollars with the usage as a neighborhood center.  I like that our city notices a need like this and works to help a neighborhood rehab.  It is sad that it has taken so long for this to happen, but am happy to see something finally go in that spot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment