Friday, June 30, 2017

Daily Dose of BS June 30 5 years tomorrow

Five years ago tomorrow we started with a new radio station, Today’s Talk 1490.  I was hired as the morning guy and charged with making a show.  Here it is five years later and I still love doing it.  I have got to do some pretty awesome things, like go inside of the I 90 bridge and peer down at the river below, broadcast from the Lock and Dam, then tour all the behind the scenes things.  I also interviewed thousands of people.  I got to talk with politicians, business leaders, and rock stars including some of my favorite.  I have made some friends and some enemies.  Every single day is a new adventure. This job can also be humbling, as this year I was nominated as one of the best of Morning Dj’s and Best Radio Personality.   I often wonder when I talk with my friends who don’t like their jobs, why not look for a new one?  Why work a job you hate?  Like is short, we all have only so many breaths on this earth, so why be miserable?  I lucked out and have the best job for me.  I couldn’t imagine being shackled to a desk or have the noose of a tie around my neck day in and day out.  Plus I get to wear tee shirts and flip flops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment