Friday, June 16, 2017

Daily Dose of BS June 16

Back in 1993 Prince changed his name to the symbol of love an unpronounceable symbol.  In a court battle that started a year ago Portland resident Jamie Shupe became the first legally non-binary person — identifying as neither male nor female.  The option, which will be available starting July 3, this year will make a difference for non-binary and transgender people using an ID marked “M” or “F”.  I have a friend who is transgender, in fact I had lunch a few weeks ago with him.  When we were talking, I said that when we first got to know each other I was full of questions of why, and how, but as the relationship became friendship I found that we didn’t even talk about that anymore.  I opened up on how being friends opened my eyes to the struggle that they have to go through with everything on how people looked at them to what bathroom to use.  A horrible situation to be in, could you imagine not knowing where to go to use the bathroom.  While I don’t know the daily struggles that they are going through, I do have more of an understanding.   

No comments:

Post a Comment