Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Daily Dose of BS June 14 Amber Alerts

I don’t know about you but my phone got 2 Amber Alerts on Saturday.  Two alerts after many years of none.  Sure I looked at it after the first one, then thought I am far enough away, and I am not out driving, then put my phone away.  About an hour later there it goes again with another glance at the phone think to myself what the heck, and for a brief moment I thought why am I getting this alert when I am over two hours away.  Then as soon as that thought came and went, I thought those poor parents and shame on me for thinking this way.  I bet that many of you thought the same thing, a quick thought of why am I getting this to immediate regret for thinking that.  I thought what if it were my kids that were in danger I would want everyone and their sister to help.  Wouldn’t you?  Do you think that services such as the Amber Alert help or make us less sensitive to that around us and the more of them we get the more deaf we get to the system?  

No comments:

Post a Comment