Monday, June 19, 2017

Daily Dose of BS June 19 baseball

Actions speak louder than words.  We say that winning isn’t everything but our actions show that yes winning is everything.  My son’s baseball team had a tournament over the weekend, and they brought down a handful of kids from the next group up.  I know that my kids are never going to be professional athletes but they give it all, they show up to practice, they go to the games, they are suited up and ready to give 110% of their ability.  They are part of the team, and the coaches are always on the kids to be a team.  When they bring in other kids, ringers if you will in order to win a tournament, isn’t that defeating the purpose of team work?  Isn’t that showing the kids that their effort, and contribution to the team aren’t worth anything?  Doesn’t it show the kids that in fact winning is the only thing.  The thing that irritates me the most about this is that the coach, when confronted by my son as to why he didn’t play was told that they tried to get all kids in.  I call BS there were 3 games and 5 kids that didn’t play a single bit of baseball over the weekend and the 5 kids that were called down played the entire tournament, and they still didn’t win it.  This type of coaching not only pisses off the parents and the kids but shows the kids that it is all about winning.  I hate to say it but when I go to a little league game sure I like seeing all the team play, but really most of us go for the chance to see our kid play.  Let kids be kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment