Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Daily Dose of BS June 20 being a dad

Father’s Day was the other day and 22 years ago today I began my journey as a father.  Weird to think about it, you are a part of adding to the population of the earth.  Just because you were a part of the creation of that baby doesn’t make you a Dad, in my mind.  Being a Dad is being there, helping out when you can, the easy stuff that is no problem, but the tough love that is what separates.  Hanging in there and not giving up.  Being a Dad isn’t always the easiest or the job to do but it is the most rewarding job I have ever had.  Happy Birthday to my 22 year old son, Hayden Schmidt.  You have irritated me, pushed me, angered me, loved me, made me happy, proven to me time and time again that I am wrong, brought me joy, smiles, and lots of love.  I am so proud of you and proud of the person you have become.  I look forward to seeing your continued growth as a Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment