Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Daily Dose of BS May 30 Memorial Day

I was thinking a lot yesterday, contemplating if you will.  I believe that there are many out there that don’t know what the meaning of Memorial Day is.  The day was meant to be a day of remembrance of those that have fought for our freedom, and were killed while doing so.  I have many family members and friends who were in the Military and I know that one of the things that bug most about yesterday is when someone wishes them a Happy Memorial Day.  I want to know what is so happy about it?  Happy that it is the unofficial start of summer, sure I get that, but it was at least for me a day to remember and to reflect about the Men and Women who have lost their lives helping us to gain the freedoms that we have as Americans.  God Bless America and thank you to the families that had family members pay the ultimate price.  We all must remember that Freedom is Not Free.  

No comments:

Post a Comment