Thursday, May 18, 2017

Daily Dose of BS May 18 dangerous walking

Here is a big shocker that West Ave has more pedestrians and cyclists hit and hurt since the road has been redone.  I am not even going to say that I think what the DOT did to West Ave had anything to do with it, I think that reason that West Ave is more dangerous is because people don’t pay attention.  I am talking drivers, walkers, bikers none of the group pays attention to anything further than the few feet in front of their faces.  Don’t believe me take a few minutes today and just park in a lot that has a clear line to any street with traffic, people are not paying attention, they are futzing with their radio, looking at things around them as they drive by talking on the phone or with the people in the car with them or looking at their damn phone, either texting or Facebook posting.  Heck with the storms we have had the last few days I have seen Facebook live videos of people while they are driving.  And I have only just touched on the drivers, look at the cyclists and the pedestrians, they are doing the same thing.  And everyone is trying to prove a point by claiming the ownership of the road.  How about going back to what your mom taught you, be polite and share the road, and if someone lets you in give them the courtesy wave.  

No comments:

Post a Comment