Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Daily Dose of BS May 2 school start

Thirty years ago, I graduated from high school, this year brings my class reunion and I am looking forward to BS’ing with those that I went to school with.  I had one of those birthdays that could go either way, I could have graduated in 86 or 87 since my birthday fall on August 29 my parents chose to hold me back a year.  I for one am glad that they did.  Back to the reason I brought this up, La Crosse school board is backing the repeal of the state of Wisconsin’s September 1st school start requirement.  The school district wants to start school earlier because of the kids are already competing with sports and that the kids in football already have a few games under their belts by the time that school starts.  If the law gets repealed that district has more control over the calendar and more flexibility in planning the school year.  I get it, but I tell you what, I for one am glad that I didn’t ever have to go to school on my birthday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment