Thursday, May 28, 2015

Daily Dose of BS May 28 parklets

Have you seen any of the parklets?  I parked across from one the other day, walked over and took a look at it, shook my head wondered to myself why, and then went on my merry way.  I guess I don’t get the thought behind the parklet parks taking up street space, maybe it is that we have plenty of green space in the La Crosse area, maybe that we only have so many parking spots that line the streets, maybe it is that I just don’t like them.  I don’t know.  I think the main reason I do not care for the parklets is that I just don’t get them.  I am also concerned about the two possibly three spots that the one spot park is taking up, hear me out, people don’t know how to parallel park either that or they are afraid to do it, so with that they pull in to a spot and when they do they leave plenty of room for the car in front of them or behind them taking up a space and a half, multiply that by the length of the street and sure enough two to three spots are taken up.  Parklets are they a good idea, personally I don’t think so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment