Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Daily Dose of BS May 26 stay in school

I have a brother-in-law that retired as a teacher and years ago we had conversation about kids staying in school.   I was of the belief that kids should have to stay in school while here a teacher said that kids should be allowed to drop out.  I was dumbfounded I didn’t understand, here someone whose job it is to mold and shape minds said that if you want to drop, drop.  It made no sense to me, until he explained it to me, then the light came on and now I agree.  He explained to me if you don’t want to be somewhere let’s say a classroom and everyone else wants to be there, what are you doing?  You are being disruptive and causing other around you to not learn, right?  So this is how my brother-in-law changed my way of thinking when it comes to staying in school.  With that being said, Wisconsin graduation rates are rising and local rates are high than the statewide average, Holmen and Onalaska have rates close to 97% and LaCrosse graduation rates are about 91%.  Personally I don’t think if hurts to never stop learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment