Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Daily Dose of BS Dec 3 kids

I think many think that kids have it easy now. I agree that in some ways they do, but in others I am glad I grew up when I did. I don’t think we were as micromanaged as our kids are now. I am as guilty as the next guy, I get my kids involved in things, and sometimes it seems like too many things. For example we have basketball two times a week for practice then weekend games, add CCD to that and school, band and homework, that is a busy kid, and that is only one of them, I have four. When we were kids we took off on our bikes without a helmet mind you played till dark. Rode our bikes behind the mosquito spraying truck, went sledding, wait for the tv dinner to be done by watching threw the glass door, getting up at 6:45 to make sure you had breakfast in you when you set yourself up to watch good cartoons on any given Saturday morning. What memories do you miss from your childhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment