Friday, April 26, 2013

Daily Dose of BS April 26 opening plastic wrap


Why is it so hard to open up packages?  I worked on getting a new pack of gum open this morning for a couple minutes before I finally broke down and grabbed a scissors and used that to open it up.  I am lucky I didn’t grab a knife as the scissors slipped a bit and if I would have used a knife I for sure would have severed something.  It got me thinking, since when do we need to have Fort Knox guarding our gum or for that matter cereal.  Have you ever tried to open the wrapping that is in the box of a brand new box of cereal, you stretch the plastic before your thumb finally gets a small whole in the bag then you use your magic to make it big enough to pour cereal through that whole.  What about chips you try to open those by pulling the bag apart at the top and chances are you will pull the bag apart.  Now don’t even get me started on the molded plastic wrap on new electronics and the hell that is the wrapping on kids toys that’s enough to send you to the garage for a hammer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment