Monday, April 8, 2013

Daily Dose of BS April 8 words


People judge you by the words you use.  There is no avoiding it, but there is changing it.  I was out for a birthday party on Friday and found out that a couple of my friends hate a few words from the English language.  I would have thought that these words were going to be reminiscent of the old George Carlin routine you know the seven words you can't say on TV, but no the words that they had issue with included one that is a marketing tool for Betty Crocker the word moist which incidentally is one of the least favorite words out there, and the other word these friends of mine had an issue with was the word panties, and they weren’t even brought up together.  I wonder if they were compounded if they would have more of a revolting reaction?  This conversation made me think, I know that is a chore in its self and I really do not think that there are any words that conger up the feelings of disgust that these friends of mine felt by hearing the words mentioned above, I don’t care for slang words for any groups of people, I am not a fan of labels that people place on people but they are words, and I always remember my mom telling me that sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me.  What words do you dislike?  

No comments:

Post a Comment