Thursday, April 25, 2013

Daily Dose of BS April 25 Take your daughters and sons to work


Take your daughter to work day has been around since 1993 and has been called take your Daughters and Sons to work day since 2003.  I have been a father for almost 18 years and have never had one of my children ask me if they could come to work with me for that day, that is until this year.  My daughter asked if she could come and spend the day with Dad.  I ran it through my boss and am excited to say that my daughter and her twin brother have joined me on starting at the radio station bright and early today.  It was weird I was a bit nervous going to bed last night, kind of like when I have a big interview planned for the next morning, kind of tossing and turning and double then triple checking the alarm.  Here are two kids that I talk with every day and I was nervous I would over sleep and not make it in to work on time.  Weird since I have been in the radio business and working at the crack of dawn for almost 20 years and have only over slept once and have been late to be on the air once, as I sit here writing my daily dose, I began to wonder why I kept tossing and turning.  It’s because my guests this morning are 2 of the most important people in my life and I don’t want to disappoint.  If you are lucky enough to bring your child to work today or any day, enjoy and remember that they really do look up to you and love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment