Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Daily Dose of BS April 23 eye for eye


The big question plaguing my thoughts today is an eye for an eye or is it turn the other cheek?  The Boston Marathon bombing has me questioning my stance on the death penalty.  I wasn’t sure where I stood before but I am really not sure.  At first I was thinking I lean toward the death penalty because of the cost associated with keeping this criminal in prison then I in the same thought think, death is too good and too quick.  I really dislike being on the fence on this issue, it should be an easy answer, as my friends who like to quote the bible like to say if  its in the bible then that is the answer sometimes it isn’t so easy, isn’t both and eye for and eye and turn the other cheek in the bible?  Is your justice based on justice or is it based on revenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment