Monday, June 25, 2012

Daily Dose of BS June 25

I have been in radio for most of my adult life; I have worked in many different formats meaning music genera over the past 24 years from top 40, to oldies, from active rock to talk and adult contemporary to country.  I have worked all shifts starting out overnights in Mason City Iowa, moved to Scottsbluff Nebraska and over the 2 ½ years there, worked all the shifts mornings, middays, afternoons and nights.  I have spent the last 20 years here in La Crosse Wisconsin.  Most of that time working in radio; one break I took ,the other was a layoff.  I have been with the La Crosse Radio group since about 6 months after my layoff, I have been here almost 3 years, working in news and doing the afternoon shift on Magic 105.  About 6 months ago I was asked if I wanted to help switch the format of Adult Standards 1490 WLFN to Today’s Talk 1490.  Would I?  It would be a dream come true, as working talk radio was always my favorite.  The dream is getting closer as I will be taking over the morning show calling it BS with Bob Schmidt, 6-9 Monday – Friday.  I have never been part of a format change before, and I am sure some will be upset, hopefully more will love it than hate it.  You know as a person with over half my life on the radio, I am surprisingly nervous as I type this out.  It is getting closer and closer by the day.  I am asking you to please join me when you can weekday mornings on Today’s Talk 1490 and then again weekday afternoons here on The Best Variety Magic 105.  And to all my team members at La Crosse Radio Group thank you for believing in me, I won't let you down.  Daily Dose of BS 

No comments:

Post a Comment