Friday, June 15, 2012

Daily Dose of BS June 15


I am lucky I had a dad to talk to when I was growing up and my dad continues to be my friend to this day.  There were times when we didn’t see eye to eye but I think that is the way it should be, you can't be a puppet of your parents or your boss or your spouse.  My parents were there for me when I needed them to be and surprisingly were absent when I needed my space.  That is the sign of a good parent I guess, it is what I try to do for my children.  What I am trying to say is that this Sunday is Father’s Day, a day for us to call or stop by and talk to our dads.  If your father is still alive, I invite you to give the old man a call and tell him what you think of him, even if you don’t see eye to eye, I would bet that he would like to hear what you have to say.  Dads are a rare breed that sometimes get overlooked especially with the dead beat dads that are out there, it is too bad that these so called donors were there for the fun but when it came time to step up and be a man, they didn’t, they took the low road, not fessing up to or helping out with and not being there for their kids.  We all have heard the stories of these people who want nothing to do with the child that they helped to create.  For you men that stepped up and take care of your children or help your loved one take care of her children, thank you for being there and being a man for your kids and step kids I wish you a happy father’s day.  And to my dad Bob Schmidt, I love you dad Happy Father’s Day, and thanks for being a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment