Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Daily Dose of BS June 13


Have ya ever broken a mirror, how about, spilled salt, sneezed 3 times, opened an umbrella in the house?  I am guessing unless you have lived in a padded box you have done one or all of these supposed bringers of bad luck.  I had the ultimate BS happen last night, a bird dropped a big old load of BS on my head and shoulder.   If you are wondering what BS stands for in this case it stands for Bird Schmidt.  Right on my head and this isn’t the first time that this has happened to me.  I was riding my motorcycle on Father’s Day 1995, 3 days before my oldest was born when a bird let loose all over my head, face and glasses; thank goodness I was close to my destination.  I am in a long line of Schmidt’s that have been target practice for our winged friends, I remember when I was a kid my Dad told us of a day when he was watching his Dad take a nap on a hammock and Grandpa Schmidt slept with his mouth open, needless to say my Dad saw some awesome maneuvering from the bird and splat right into the open target, I guess Grandpa just moved his mouth a few times and didn’t wake, I asked Dad if he told him, he said no way.   Back to trying to clean up my little mess, I was at the Shelby ball diamonds last night to watch my daughters softball game and the only have the hand dryer there so I was grabbing toilet paper to help with the cleanup I might add that it only came off one sheet at a time, that’s a whole other Daily Dose.  I was able to clean up to the best of my ability, I am thankful that there is no smell.  BTW a great friend of mine told me that getting splattered on by a bird was good luck, yea good luck that cows don’t fly.   

No comments:

Post a Comment