Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Daily Dose of BS June 6


Voters turned out in droves, I made it to the polling place yesterday at about noon and it took me a whole 7 minutes to get a parking spot, walk in to the polling place, get directed to my ward number from the check in person, stand in my ward line to sign and get my ballot, cast my vote, talk to a couple of neighbors and go home, 7 minutes out of my day, I waste more time everyday during my work day than that.  If your excuse for not voting was you don’t have the time, it is not a big time issue, and your boss has to let you have time off to vote, so in the next election, please vote.  So now that the recall is done and over with, time to start campaigning for the next election, you didn’t think that it was over did you?  If the results were not what you wanted are you prepared for a recall of the recall?  I am not sure I get the whole recall idea anyway.  I thought if you vote for a candidate and you are not happy with their performance that you try harder next election to get your candidate in.  I am also not extremely happy with all the negative ads.  I am sure we all have things in our past that we would not like to come up, why re-hash these candidates past with things that they did 40 years ago, let’s focus on what have they done lately, what ever happened to live and let live and forgive and forget?  For those of you that got out and voted yesterday, pat yourself on the back for doing your duty.  For those that didn’t, and are not happy with the outcome, you could be the reason that the election turned out the way it did.   

No comments:

Post a Comment