Friday, June 1, 2012

Daily Dose of BS June 1


They are talking about making it illegal to sell sugared drinks larger than 16 ounces in New York City.  Isn’t a 16 ounce pop a super small?  I remember when I was a kid that the largest pop you could buy was a 32 ounce big gulp at the local gas station, I would head there after school and get 32 ounces of icey cold goodness and it would last the rest of the night.  Fast forward many years and 32 ounce pops are the small sized, at most the medium pop, in fact at Kwik Trip I think they have a 22, 32, 44, and 52 ounce pop.  Heck for coffee I believe that the sizes are 24, 20, 16, and 12 ounce, and if New York follows through on the sugary drink ban, most of what people drink will be effected, how often do you see someone only getting black coffee, many add sugar and cream and are drinking instant cappuccino.  I don’t see New York following through on this.  If they do it will it force everyone to go smaller, to force people to drink out of smaller bottles, maybe taller bottles so that way they look like they are drinking more, either that or people from New Jersey will coming over the bridge with illegal bottles of pop in 20 ounce and 24 ounce bottles, I could see it now black market Mt Dew and Pepsi, I would say Coke but that is already sold on the black market.  

No comments:

Post a Comment