Thursday, June 14, 2012

Daily Dose of BS June 14


I admit it I make mistakes each and every from typing this up to later reading it on the air.  I do and will make mistakes many throughout the day, I guarantee it.  The thing about the mistakes I make is you will hear them when I mess up on a word on the radio, or see them when I use the wrong word posting this on facebook, if not for the automatic spell check on my computer you would see many more mistakes than are showing now.  The reason I bring this up is when I mispronounce a name on the air, I will hear about it.  Names are for me the hardest to pronounce as sometimes, you look at a name like s-m-i-t-h and you say Smith, and nine times out of ten it will be pronounced that way, the person who got their name on the news however will pronounce s-m-i-t-h as Smyth.  And then feel the need to call you to tell you, that you said it wrong.  I want to say if you didn’t do wrong then your name wouldn’t have been pronounced wrong on the radio to begin with.  But I don’t.  Needless to say I do wrong on a regular basis, and if you have a problem with that, then I think it would be your issue as I admit I am wrong and am ok with who I am.  

No comments:

Post a Comment