Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Daily Dose of BS June 12


I have not turned on the air conditioning in my home yet, with shades drawn, and ceiling fans blowing I have avoided the closing up of the house at least for the time being.  It helps that over the 2 hottest weekends so far this year we were out of town.  I am guessing if we reach the expected high of 90 this weekend I will be breaking down and flipping on the air.   I grew up in a house where air wasn’t turned on until it was 100+ with 100 percent humidity.  I like to be comfortable so when the house gets too warm or too humid I turn it on.  Once the air is on for a couple of days for a stretch of heat, I usually leave the air on for an extra day just because, and then when I do finally turn off the air and open the windows it needs to be turned on again, I wish there was a magic home comfortable switch.  It is all about comfort I think, for all of us not just me, we all love comfort and hate it when we are uncomfortable.  We collectively prefer things to go our way and like it when we are not put out too much; I think it is just human nature.  Remember that being uncomfortable pushes you into greatness, that being uncomfortable has brought forth many of the best inventions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment