Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Daily Dose of BS November 8


I don’t care if you like Governor Scott Walker or not.  I really like that he is taking a stand on the Christmas tree thing.  He is calling the spruce that is decorated with ornaments and the star on top in the Capital Rotunda area a Christmas Tree.  He is standing up for what he believes in and not caving into what a few believe in.  The tree was always called a Christmas Tree in the State Capital from the time it was first displayed in 1916 up through 1985 when is was changed to the more generic holiday tree.  The Christmas Tree is on display from late November through Early January.   The group Freedom from Religion is not happy with this decision saying it would offend nonreligious people and give a government endorsement of Christianity.  Now the pictures that I have seen of this tree from past years, it is a work of art, it has beauty and a calming sense about it.  I don’t see how others even those who don’t believe in Christmas would find it offensive to look at a thing of beauty.  I am not Buddhist but am not offended by a Buddha statute; I am not Jewish and am not offended by the Menorah.  To quote Rodney King, “Can’t we all just get along?”  What happened to the saying “Coexist” is it only coexist if you see things my way?

No comments:

Post a Comment