Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Daily Dose of BS November 29


I have been trying to get more active.  For the past 3 ½ months I have been going to the boot camp classes offered by the La Crosse Park and Rec and have been really enjoying it.  All my family has done it at some point before me and I made fun of them for walking funny or not having any stride with their walk after the first classes (for that I am sorry).  I quickly found out that doing the lunge and the lunge walk is sure to make you use muscles that you have never used before hurt and hurt bad…causing walking and stair climbing and sitting down then getting up difficult…that and using the bands and the balls and the mats and the hand weights will get the muscles in your body moving and aching but a good ache.  I will tell you what using 10 pound weights and doing ladders up to 10 will kick your ass, maybe not the first time through the reps, but on the 2nd time around  your arms will be toast.  Don’t even get me started on laying on the mat, and doing the core exercises…when I first started in the classes, the classes I have renamed Kick Bob’s Ass Class I couldn’t even do half the exercises, after 3 ½ months I can say my endurance has greatly improved and am on the way to a healthier me.   In that time I have completed a couple of 5 mile walks for charity and look forward to doing at least 6 - 5 mile or 5k’s next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment