Friday, November 11, 2011

Daily Dose of BS November 11



Today is Veterans Day, a day to celebrate our freedoms, and the Men and Women who have given of themselves to keep us free.  Earlier this week, I posted on the Governor of Wisconsin Scott Walker calling the Holiday Tree at the capital a Christmas Tree, and the uproar around that issue.  If not for the brave men and women who have fought for our Country we would not even be able to have this discussion.  We would have someone in our government telling us what we need to believe, and then force us to wave the flag of what they think.  We are able to have our own thoughts, our own beliefs, our own interests…and guess what, they are not all going to be the same, if they were how boring would life be?  If you know a veteran thank them, because without what they did we wouldn’t have what we have, from what I see, and what I know we are living in the greatest place on earth.  America.  I got to spend last evening with my favorite veteran, my Father.  My twins school had a veterans program today and invited my Dad to it, he was touched.  Kari Knutson from the LaCrosse Tribune had in an article this morning that started…Some saw combat.  Some were behind the scenes.  Some never returned.  Their stories are all different, but for the people who lived them, unforgettable.  This Veterans Day, we honor all those who've made sacrifices many of us can only imagine…If you are serving or have served, thank you and Happy Veterans Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment