Friday, November 4, 2011

Daily Dose of BS November 4


It all started the other day…the alternate side parking law for LaCrosse began at 1am November 1st, warnings were handed out the first 2 days.  The cost for parking on the wrong side of the street this year is $10 the same as last year, that is if you pay it within 10 days from there it goes up to 20 bucks then after 45 days it will cost you 40 bucks.  This year is different for me as I now have a teenage driver, and I am guessing he won’t be paying attention to the sides he parks on, although so far so good.  As a Dad I will help him out with one $10 ticket, after that he will be on his own.  I hope to not have to pay it at all.  Last year the La Crosse Police Department alternate side parking enforcement wrote out 17,660 tickets and took in $92,164 in fines.  That is a lot of $10 tickets.  BTW they took in less money last year by over $6,000 from the year before.  Is it that we are finally learning what alternate side parking is….I doubt it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment