Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Daily Dose of BS November 22


My friend Karla brought to my attention the fact that there are many things cluttering our lives, most notably receipts.  Take a minute right now and open either your wallet or our purse, and I will bet you that you have at least 10 receipts in there.  How often do you get change when you order anything from a burger and fries to your groceries to a quick stop at your favorite store and you get a receipt?  If you are like most people I know, you either drop it in your wallet or your purse.  Pretty soon your wallet is jam packed with receipts and other non monetary items that make your wallet fatter and fatter and pretty soon you can’t even sit on it anymore.  I go thru this about every quarter or so, so I clean out my wallet, keeping receipts for my taxes, the thing about this is that most of the time when I do this, the receipts are so worn out that you can’t read what they say anyway.  I think it is a conspiracy from the stores and the IRS.  Charge a premium price for a business lunch, save the receipt and have it fade so bad it can’t be used come tax time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment