Monday, May 7, 2018

Daily Dose of BS May 7 gardening

A few years ago, I bought my first square foot garden, it came with 8 bags of soil and a road map for success.  I planted the garden as called for with these items in those squares, and these seeds in these squares, only to have some animals swoop in and eat my plants.  I tried it ago only to have my gardening pulverized by heavy rains, and then birds.  I tried one last time and harvested a few tomatoes and a couple of green peppers that first year.  I was hooked.  The next couple of years I made my garden bigger and bigger getting fruit and vegetables.  Last year my haul was fantastic.  This year I got my garden started with 3 different tomatoes, some jalapenos, sugar peas, cucumbers, zucchini, green peppers and this year trying watermelon.  I also have a grape vine, some strawberries, raspberries and blueberry’s.  Not bad for a city kid that only started a few years ago.  I find peace and serenity when I am working on my garden.  What brings you to that point?  

No comments:

Post a Comment