Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Daily Dose of BS May 2 Oktoberfest

We have just barely melted off all the snow and already Oktoberfest is making news in La Crosse.  New this year no button needed to attend the yearly drinking fest.  This year the Oktoberfest board has decided to change the game and instead of selling buttons ahead of time for the entrance to the festgrounds, this year’s admittance will be a paper ticket.  Advance four-day tickets featuring the winning design will be available for $10 and they come with a free commemorative button or you can buy single day tickets for 10 dollars with no commemorative button.  I am not going to judge this until I have had the chance to see it in action.  The problem I could see with it, at least for me is losing the pass somewhere or having it go through the wash and have it not be readable, I also think that with the scanning of the tickets it will back up entrance to the festgrounds, but I am going to hold judgment.  Tickets will go on sale in July, with the July sell date, I wonder if they will sell them at RiverFest?

No comments:

Post a Comment