Friday, May 25, 2018

Daily Dose of BS May 25 judge not

Doesn’t the old saying say, judge, not lest ye be judged?  I am sorry to say we are all judges and juries as we all judge and try people on a fairly regular basis.   I do it myself.  I try not to but we have the walls that we put up to save ourselves from getting hurt.  Weird because I too get judged on a fairly regular basis, I get mine because I am a big guy with a soul patch, and if I am not smiling I look as though I could be mean, those that know me know just how mean I am.  A good friend of mine who is tattooed from head to toe with gauge earrings and silicone implants is visiting me in La Crosse, and last night we went to a store then out to dinner, as we walked around the store, I was surprised by the looks that he got, at the restaurant we went to downtown La Crosse, the same thing.  People judged before they knew him.  If I am being honest, I must say that I too would have judged him had I not had conversations with him on my radio show before we first met, he broke down those barriers, weird to me that they were even up.  I can say that because of my tattooed friend most of those barriers are broken, or at least weakened. My friend Joshua has helped me to not notice the art but to notice the man.  By having Josh in my life has helped me to open my heart and my mind to explore those that are not like me.  Manners and Motivation a couple of things that we all could work on.   

No comments:

Post a Comment