Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Daily Dose of BS Nov 28 Giving Tueday

It started 5 years ago and already has raised millions of dollars in fact last year over 168 million dollars was given on #givingtuesday.  The idea of the day was first introduced back in October of 2012 and has quickly grown into a day of giving, there are local groups and national groups vying for your donation dollars.  Last year worldwide charitable giving was at an all-time high of $168 million dollars topping the previous year by 44% with more donations being given online.  This past year has been a tough year for many as there were the hurricanes in the Texas and Florida as well as the fires in California.  I wonder how we are going to do this year with giving?  I have always said I have more time than money and I try to give of my time.  #givingtuesday is a great way to give back to our community.  I know that there is always a need in La Crosse, look around and dig deep and help if you can.  

No comments:

Post a Comment