Friday, November 3, 2017

Daily Dose of BS Nov 3 hunting

My kids have participated in the youth hunt as well as the mentored hunt with me and my friends.  A bill was introduced in the Wisconsin state assembly and passed yesterday that would eliminate the minimum hunting age.  Huh?  What are they thinking?  I get that the hunting numbers are dwindling but it isn’t because the age is to high, it is because we are busy being busy and there is no time for the group to get together as they once did.  Plus I am guessing that the scare of chronic wasting disease, and cost for going hunting has stopped many from getting out and enjoying the hunt.  I don’t think that allowing kids that are younger to get out and hunt will help the cause I believe that inviting the people that used to hunt to come back and remember the joys of the hunt, and then the memories will be there to start bringing new people in to hunt.  It is a right of passage in the Midwest, as a young teen, but not having toddlers in the woods.   Please reconsider.  

No comments:

Post a Comment