Thursday, March 23, 2017

Daily Dose of BS March 23 Facebook

Many of us use it, some don’t, I was slow to get to it, but started because of my job.  I am talking social media, maybe it should be called time sucking media. Some love it, some hate it, most of us tolerate it. Since social media became big a handful of years, it seems to be the way that kids and even adults communicate. I am guilty of it, and if you are reading this on Facebook, I am guessing you are also (especially if you respond). It has brought out the voyeur in us. How often have you clicked on someone’s profile to see what they are up to, even if you didn’t really know them?  I have a bunch of Facebook friends who are people in my life from way back in elementary school, to relatives to radio listeners, to friends of friends.  We can check up on our old friends without them even knowing. Follow our favorite celebrity, our kids, or even the local radio guy. I am not saying it is bad, because it is not, it gives many of us an outlet, in fact I don’t know if I could even watch a tv show now without checking on my Facebook.  I am just kidding about that but there are many who I bet can’t. 

No comments:

Post a Comment