Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Daily Dose of BS March 22 category killer

When Walmart first came to the south side of La Crosse we were all worried about the impact of the small businesses on the South Side of town, I live on the south side and I think that the area has done well with new smaller businesses.  We are now hearing about some of the big box type stores doing things to change up the way they do business because not of Walmart but because of the ultimate category killer, Amazon.  I love my small businesses and not a big fan of the big box stores especially the ones that have poor customer service, for example the Kmart in La Crosse, the last time I was there is the last time I will be there.  The store smelled and had horrible customer service, horrible.  After reading an article this morning that said that they face "substantial doubt" about its ability to stay in business unless it can borrow more.  I don’t think that this is their issue.  Also, look at the Malls losing the anchor stores as they down size, it is weird to think that the ultimate category killer is a business that started in 1994.  

No comments:

Post a Comment