Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Daily Dose of BS March 15 voting

The last couple of times I voted I had to show my driver’s license.  There are reports that some 17 year olds voted during the presidential primaries last year.  Wouldn’t you think that if you had to show your driver’s license that you would have the person working the table notice the date?  I would think so.  I am one of the hand full of people who votes almost every time I can.  I would say every time but I am sure I have missed a primary or two in my years.  I find voting fascinating; I have the chance to make the future.  In fact since we have such a low voter turnout, perhaps we should open voting up to those that are 16, this way the voters of tomorrow will have a running start on knowing the satisfaction of having their voice be heard.  Of the 30 Wisconsin underage teenagers who voted including one in La Crosse County, they may have been swayed by Bernie Sanders social media posts, I know that the 17 year old from La Crosse County won’t be charged, and I hope that the others aren’t either, but I think that this is a good reason to have ids checked before voting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment